Monday, May 30, 2011

The Journey Of A Million Miles

So here it is, 2011 and I'm only now bumbling into what everyone and their grandmother's dog has been doing for at least a decade: blogging.  Why now?  Isn't there enough of these things already?  Who cares, right?  Well, all valid points to be sure, but....I suppose I'm tired of feeling invisible.  Even if no one else notices or follows this, I guess I just need to start posting my art SOMEWHERE, not only as a document for myself, but in the hopes that once it's "out in the ether" it'll serve as self motivation to improve and keep plugging along.  I follow tons of other entertainment, pop culture, comics and visual arts blogs but if I ever want to accomplish anything I need to throw my hat into the ring too and be counted, as unlikely as standing out in all the white noise may seem right now.  I used to have lots of artist friends close by, and it became so easy to take it for granted that I could always have a slew of people much more talented than myself to serve as mentors, motivators, and inspiration. But now most have moved on to other cities and states, far away.  The band broke up, as it were.  That's left me with lots of drawing in isolation, which can be tough.  The other thing....at some point along the way of getting married, having 2 kids, and changing careers....I got older.  Weird how that happens.  I'm now at the point where I'm in genuine mid-life crisis panic mode.  If I want to do something with this life of mine, I better get to it.  So there's no point in putting things off any longer.  Even a journey of a million miles has to start with a single step (or so the fortune cookies tell me), so I guess I should start making steps, even if they're baby ones.  So for better or worse...here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment