Thursday, June 16, 2011

Red Vengeance, From A Fan's Perspective (Me)!

One thing I get a kick out of when I get the chance, is getting artists I respect and admire to sketch Red  Vengeance and get their take on him.  It's always a rush to see an artist I'm a fan of draw my character, kind of like a pin up artist would do in the back of a graphic novel or something.  I've got a good little stack of them now, and I find them very handy to draw upon for inspiration from time to time.  Here's just a few.... 

First up, the awesome Craig Rousseau.  I mean, how cool is this?  I love the rhythm of the curves in the legs, the exaggerated proportions, the angles in the hands....it's a perfect balance of stylization. I also really dig the texture and "pop" that the color and Canson paper bring to it. Craig's one of the top artists in the biz, having done tons of work for DC (Batman Beyond, Impulse, and licensing), Disney (Kim Possible/Disney Adventures), and Marvel, as well as the super awesome creator-owned Perhapanauts series that he and Todd Dezago do for Image.  Plus, he's just a swell guy to boot.  I've always cherished this drawing, always will. He took my design and did it like a million times cooler, in my opinion. Thanks, Craig!